Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv (My cranky

To: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: hop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv (My cranky mail)
From: Martin Willemoes Hansen <mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 1999 18:53:07 +0000

> > Hello all,
> >
> > I'm interested in doing a native Win32 port of Freeciv and I just thought
> > I'd float this idea out to all you freeciv developers and maintainers.
> > Thoughts?

I think its a great idea, maybe you should mail the guy who made the
recent win32 package.
You will properly have a better chance working with the gtk+ client than
the xaw one.

You can also get some hints from www.abisource.com, they are building an
office suite both for linux, win32, mac, and BeOS and they are using
gtk+ as well.

--
Best regards

Martin Willemoes Hansen

E-Mail  mwh@xxxxxxxxxxxx
IRC     MWH/DR_NICK ; ircnet, openprojects
ICQ     11597690