Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv (My cranky

To: "Daniel Sjolie" <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>, <hop@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Freeciv List" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv (My cranky mail)
From: "Claus Leth Gregersen" <leth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 17:47:31 +0200

<bullocks about native client for Windows *CUT*>

Freeciv was originally written with a commercial compiler running on
commercial OS.
(IRIX 5.3 + their c compiler)
A native client for windows would be great, free software is not about
promoting linux,
but to promote free software by making it good and generally available.

<Gnu Gnu Gnu Gnu>
<*SNIP*>
Gnu coding style sucks, agreed indention of 2 isn't my favorite anymore, but
8 is fucking awful.
Kernal code and other forms of code don't necessarily have the same
characteristica.
Civilisation is full of special cases. I never seen so many in any program
i've written actually.
When i was reconstructing it i had the feeling that they first made a  basic
game,
then started hacking features into it afterwards.
2 was our style at the time we started this project, i would have chosen 4
today.
Not that i want to stop you in this, just that i think this project could
use a hand alot of other places.

So you think we should redesign the web so it look like this?

http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html

/Claus Leth Gregersen (Sorry ;))