Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: June 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv (My cranky

To: Freeciv List <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Native Win32 port of Freeciv (My cranky mail)
From: Daniel Sjolie <deepone@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 18:14:37 +0200

On 1999-06-02 17:47:31, Claus Leth Gregersen wrote:
> <bullocks about native client for Windows *CUT*>
>
> Freeciv was originally written with a commercial compiler running on
> commercial OS.
> (IRIX 5.3 + their c compiler)
> A native client for windows would be great, free software is not about
> promoting linux,
> but to promote free software by making it good and generally available.

I agree... :)
I told You I was cranky... :)

> <Gnu Gnu Gnu Gnu>
> <*SNIP*>
> Gnu coding style sucks, agreed indention of 2 isn't my favorite anymore, but
> 8 is fucking awful.

Uhh...
I'm not sure if I read that sentence correctly...
But just to make sure:
Gnu Coding style is indentation of 2 (right?)
We agree that Gnu Coding style sucks... :)

> Kernal code and other forms of code don't necessarily have the same
> characteristica.

True...

> Civilisation is full of special cases. I never seen so many in any program
> i've written actually.

Which is a pain... :)

> When i was reconstructing it i had the feeling that they first made a  basic
> game,
> then started hacking features into it afterwards.

I believe that! :)

> 2 was our style at the time we started this project, i would have chosen 4
> today.
> Not that i want to stop you in this, just that i think this project could
> use a hand alot of other places.

Other than go around bugging people about their indentation? Hahaha...
Well, well... I'll see what I can do... :)

> So you think we should redesign the web so it look like this?
>
> http://www.gnu.org/server/fsf-html-style-sheet.html

Hahahaha...
Very good!

> /Claus Leth Gregersen (Sorry ;))

Don't be! :)

/Daniel

--
Now take a deep breath, smile and don't take life so seriously... :)