Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fantasy Modpack

To: "'freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Fantasy Modpack
From: Billy Naylor <banjo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:27:28 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Mark Nettle wrote:

>I mentioned earlier that I was planning on making a Fantasy modpack. Part
>of the idea is to have a techtree with several fairly separate branches. I
>was looking at the 5 colours of magic from Magic the Gathering, but I
>think I'll end up with 6: Earth Air Fire Water Holy Unholy. There'll also
>be a Mundane branch of the tree. The branches will have a little bit of
>"cross-pollination" but not much. Dragons will have prereqs from both
>Fire and Air. I might make the default researchspeed setting
>(game.techlevel) higher than usual, so that it's harder to get all the
>"techs". Pick one or two and specialize, or be a generalist and miss out
>on the really powerful stuff.
>
>I'll put something on a website somewhere once I get some concrete
>techtrees,
>unit stats, graphics, etc.

You could use Wonders to force branches to be fairly different.
There could be a couple of wonders for each magic type that made
different flavours of that magic possible.

#!/usr/bin/perl
print "\t\t\t\tThe time is now ", scalar localtime(), "\n", time,
 " seconds since the start of the epoch, ", scalar localtime (0),
 "\n\tThe Billionth Second will exist only at ", scalar localtime (10**9), "\n";

# banjo
  1;