[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Turn_done

To: Sebasatian Boehm <seb@xxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Turn_done
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 15:42:19 +0200

Sebasatian Boehm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> To the autors :
>
> And the third point : When a city finished a city improvment it starts another
> one, better could be : everytime a builduing is finished a popup-dialog comes
> up and you have to set it, like it is with the technology. There can be also a
> goal (  research , financial, defense, food, ... ).
> The problem is : Everytime the "autochoice" want to build city-walls and
> barracs but I don´t want, and sotimes I forget to set it and so I got a
> city-wall which is useless at some moment.

We want autochoice because it is hard to play otherwise with 60 seconds
per turn, which is nice for multiplayer. Everybody has complained about the
city walls. Maybe the "ai client" guys will provide a configurable
autobuild advisor, or there will be build queues in the future.

> PS: Something I haven´t found : How can I meet with others ? ( to make
> peace, coalition or whatever )
>
> CU (; seb

First, establish an embassy. Then go the Players menu which
also shows who is connected and who is AI, select a player with
whom you have an embassy, and then press the Diplomacy button.
You can't have diplomacy with AI.

Which is something you might rightfully miss.

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program