[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Display

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [Freeciv] Display
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:14:55 +0200

Robert Donn wrote:

> On Thu, May 27, 1999 at 08:09:37PM +0200, Jan Tisje wrote:
> > Hi Todd!
> >
> > To see if it works I played xtris ;-)
> > I executed it with a command like this:
> >
> > xtris -display my_ip:0.0
> >
> > But if Windows is not online, it does not have an IP (0.0.0.0).
> > What should I use as IP-adress?

You can set one in the Properties of the TCP/IP Protocol
for your Internet devices (like an Ethernet Card, don't know if Modem counts).
Supposedly, there are also files named like lmhosts* in WINDOWS/,
though I don't know how exactly they fit in.

Using just :0.0 or localhost:0.0 , as suggested by others, also is a good
proposal.

Especially when running several Xservers, Xservers might also be refered to
with :1.0 :2.0 , etc.

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program