Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv suggestions

To: Freeciv Development <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Freeciv suggestions
From: Peter Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 28 May 1999 12:26:26 +0200

Michael Robert Thomson wrote:

> Not really new suggestions, just modifications.
>
> Currently cities are too easy to buy. Especially near the capital,
> cities not suffering from Civil disorder/unhappy people
> should cost a lot more.  Obviously remote cities would be more
> susceptible to revolt, but cities within a few squares of
> the capital should be very expensive indeed.

Many people find this, but it matches original Civ rules a lot,
except that maybe type of government isn't taken into account
well enough.

May be have a poll on www.freeciv.org where people can
vote on a particular rule change.

I for my part, would advocate the following rules:
For a city not in disorder,
-distance to government MODIFIED BY the goverment type
 same as for corruption should be taken into account.
-bribing a city should at least cost as much as
 bribing a settler.
-the cost to bribe the most costly unit/unit best defending
 against revolts( rulesets! ) should be added to the cost
 of bribing a city.
- instead of the population, the happyness score should be used
 to multiply the cost to bribe a city. The happyness score is
 2 points for a happy citizen,  1 point for a content, and no point
 for an angry. (Maybe -1 for really angry people, be we don't have these).

--
Peter Schaefer - schaefer@xxxxxx, schaefer@xxxxxx
"FermaT, by Software Migrations Ltd, is an industrial strength program