Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Spies, Diplomats veterans etc.

To: Stephen Hodge <stephenh@xxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Spies, Diplomats veterans etc.
From: Kris Bubendorfer <Kris.Bubendorfer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 1999 11:31:11 +1200

> > That would pretty
> > much kill off the value of espionage against cities.
>
> But remember: if the attacker can send one Spy through the enemy lines,
> (s)he can send a whole bunch.  Especially since the proposed patch
> reduces defending spies' hit points, a second or subsequent attempt may
> be successful where the first failed.

That's the idea - glad at least Greg has figured out what I'm trying to do -
that is, rebalance this aspect of the game.  It went too far against the use of
espionage when the AI was modified to produce billions of diplomats.  I
hesitate to make the attacker ANY more powerful.  It should be more playable
now - so lets have some testing with the patch :)

As I've said in a previous email - diplchance still applies, but AFTER the
mission - so we still have a blanket chance of losing a spy.

--

Cheers Kris...