Re: [Freeciv-Dev] questions...

To: royce3@xxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] questions...
From: lduperval@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 1999 18:35:37 -0500 (EST)

On 18 Mar, Royce Mitchell III wrote:
> I am interested in porting freeciv over to windows, without the need
> of an X Server window.
> I would like to know if someone is already in the process of doing
> this.

I've been working on and off on a Tcl/Tk version. I'm still only doing
dialog windows and stuff. I've tinkered with different widget sets also
to see which ones look/are programmed better. I haven't touched any
network stuff, yet. Lack of time.

It doesn't use MFC and is strictly scripted so far. I was trying to
see if there was a way to do all the network stuff in Tcl also but I
don't think that's feasible.

The client looks ok, I guess, so far. After changing widget sets a few
things broke which makes it look bad but I'm tinkering with it once in
a while to get it back on track. THere is still a lot of work to do so
if you're interested, let me know.

There's also a Java port in the works whichwill also allow cross
platform play. But it's lagging a bit also, last I heard, because of
the networking stuff.

Laurent

--
Penguin Power!