Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles.

To: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles.
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 21:45:22 -0300

On Mar 06, Reinier Post decided to present us with:
> > I'm in favour of _drawing_ the tiles on the map, just for
> > aesthetical value.
>
> I am strongly opposed to this.  It would be like changing colours on
> a chess board for aestetic value.  It's OK if you consider a chessboard
> a piece of decoration, but not if you actually want to play chess.

I actually happen to like playing chess on boards different than
black-and-white (red-and-white is common, dark-brown-and-light-
brown natural wood is a classic).

I don't see your point. If there is a client option to not
display the wonders, what harm is this doing to you?

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----
                 Resistance is futile.