[Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] dwp: Changed protocol the network byte

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [FreeCiv-Cvs] dwp: Changed protocol the network byte order, becaus...
From: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 19:55:36 -0500 (EST)

On 5 Mar 1999 freeciv@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

#Changed protocol the network byte order, because its "the
#right thing to do".  Byte order patch by Trent Piepho.
#Also put in code to handle the first packet received from
#a connection (on the server) specially, to detect and deal
#with connection from a client with the old byte order.
#(Only enough so that we can reject the client cleanly via
#capabilities, and so the old client gets a message it can
#deal with.)  New clients connecting to old servers will still
#cause problems (connection at socket level, but no packet
#communication).  Incremented the capability string to
#"+1.8pre2".  Minor code cleanups in sernet.c

Can we make the new network byte order in the client a comment line option?

                        cheers,
                                matt

Matt Busigin [Perl/Tcl/Sh/C/C++/Lex/Yacc/HTML UNIX Programmer]
      Member of Geeks Anonymous - http://geeksanon.ab.ca
      e-mail : spod(at)ewtoo.org, jediknight(at)xwing.org
      web    : http://kharduin.net/~mbusigin
      talker : tb.dynip.com 2010