Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles.
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 07:23:56 -0300

On Mar 05, Alexandre BERAUD decided to present us with:
> Claus Leth Gregersen wrote:
>
> >Anyway, it's a religious question, someone wants games to be complex in
> >terms of complex rules.
> >I find beauty in complex games with simple rules.
> >And i think the spirit of civ is the later.
> >
> >So in my opinion, altering wonder placement would be a big step backwards.
>
> Yes, maybe. Do you find normal that a city completely lost in the middle
> of a desert can build the Lighthouse ? I think it wouldn't be really
> difficult to code, neither difficult to understand, neither difficult
> to explain.
> But I agree with your thinking that difficult games with simple rules
> are somewhat magic (Othello for example...).

Just so that I'm not accused of giving my opinion once and
shutting up :-)

I'm in favour of _drawing_ the tiles on the map, just for
aesthetical value. Maybe make that a client option to make very
sure that they're just eye candy. And the Great Wall all around
my empire ;-)

[]s,
                                               |alo
                                               +----