Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles.

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx (Freeciv developers)
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Wonder tiles.
From: Reinier Post <rp@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 1999 01:17:01 +0100

> I'm in favour of _drawing_ the tiles on the map, just for
> aesthetical value.

I am strongly opposed to this.  It would be like changing colours on
a chess board for aestetic value.  It's OK if you consider a chessboard
a piece of decoration, but not if you actually want to play chess.

I feel the same way about isometric (Civ-II) tiles.  Everything is
blurred and ugly in Civ II, partly because of that.  Maybe it can be
helped by better graphics design and practice.  It's not something look
forward to.

My favourite game, aesthetically, is go.  It would be my ideal for
Freeciv to be like go (only with more complicated rules).

--
Reinier Post                                             rp@xxxxxxxxxx