Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Beta 1.8.0

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Beta 1.8.0
From: Matt Busigin <jediknight@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:49:51 -0500 (EST)

On 5 Mar 1999, Massimo Campostrini wrote:

#Setting generator to 3 helps a little bit (I vote for making this the
#default).  You start on your very own island, and you'll survive at
#least 'til the AI develops trireme.

The key (for me) in beating the AI is getting the right advances at the
right time.  The first thing you want to get is The Republic - skip the
Monarchy.  It *will* take an extra 2 or 3 advances, but its worth it.  Next,
do *nothing* but go *straight* to navigation and magnetism.  Do not deploy
any ships until you get Caravel's, and then once you get magnetism start
producing Frigate's.  Dominate the seas - don't let them get a single ship
off their island, and they are doomed!

                        cheers,
                                matt

Matt Busigin [Perl/Tcl/Sh/C/C++/Lex/Yacc/HTML UNIX Programmer]
      Member of Geeks Anonymous - http://geeksanon.ab.ca
      e-mail : spod(at)ewtoo.org, jediknight(at)xwing.org
      web    : http://kharduin.net/~mbusigin
      talker : tb.dynip.com 2010