Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Beta 1.8.0

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Beta 1.8.0
From: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 09:24:43 +0100 (MET)

On Thu, 4 Mar 1999, Alexandre BERAUD wrote:
> Who is the sadist (sadicist ? sadicisist ?) who coded this damn AI ??!!!
> Even in EASY (I repeat: EASY) mode, I was pitifully destroyed, disintegrated
> , annihilated, reduced to ashes and dust by the AI. Please
> do something or little newbies like me won't be able to win a single game.

I've heard this a lot lately. Could we do a little mangling of the easy
AI before 1.8.0? Perhaps reduce research by 50% or something? Maybe we
could add a "really easy" level ;)

> To finish with all my complaining, I'm going mad once again. I've re-drawn
> the little lightbulbs in the "small.xpm" file and converted it to the
> 64(argh...)-colors Engels palette (thanx to David "Fantastic" Pfiltzer (I
> hope there are no mistakes in the name)) and then replaced the old file in
> the /default directory. But the client continues displaying the old bulbs
> !!! What's that kind of (black) magic ???

Guessing: If you have done a "make install" previously, you will need to
put it in /usr/local/share/freeciv/default

Yours,
Per