[Freeciv-Dev] Beta 1.8.0

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] Beta 1.8.0
From: a_beraud@xxxxxxxx (Alexandre BERAUD)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 17:48:04 +0100 (MET)

Why do all my units have a black square behind them ?

You jokers, eh ! Typing "civclient -tiles classic" restores classic
tiles, but what I want is Engels 30x30 tiles. Don't tell me they don't
exist, I've seen them. Ahaaaaa !!! :o)

Who is the sadist (sadicist ? sadicisist ?) who coded this damn AI ??!!!
Even in EASY (I repeat: EASY) mode, I was pitifully destroyed, disintegrated
, annihilated, reduced to ashes and dust by the AI. Please
do something or little newbies like me won't be able to win a single game.

To finish with all my complaining, I'm going mad once again. I've re-drawn
the little lightbulbs in the "small.xpm" file and converted it to the
64(argh...)-colors Engels palette (thanx to David "Fantastic" Pfiltzer (I
hope there are no mistakes in the name)) and then replaced the old file in
the /default directory. But the client continues displaying the old bulbs
!!! What's that kind of (black) magic ???
File's attached with this mail.

Bye.

Alexandre BERAUD

X pixmap