[Freeciv-Dev] (no subject)

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Freeciv-Dev] (no subject)
From: Franck Schaefer <fransch@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 1 Mar 99 23:49:13 EST

I   was   just   surfing   to   activisions  CTP.    Bad   times   for
freeciv-developper ?!  Currently I'm doing some stuff on cityplans and
scripting language  and my biggest  problem, i.e. the worst  slow down
comes by writing in C. I  don't want to get problems with Nicolas, but
using C++ would  make things much easier, faster,  safer.  No Vector's
container's  and list's  must  be programmed  ...  all algorithms  are
speed/space optimized.

Is there a  special reason for using  C ?  If so, why  was a qt-client
accepted. My  oppinion is, that  the concurence (CTP) is  such strong,
that   we  should   use   the  most   modern  programming   techniques
(C++ for example) available. Otherwise ... bad times rising up.

To emphazise,  that I don't want to  split the community I  ask you to
respect the decision of Nicolas about that.

Full of hope, that FreeCiv rests

-- Frank