Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: January 1999:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion for diagonal rail connection...

Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Suggestion for diagonal rail connection...
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 14:22:44 -0800 (PST)

On 20 Jan 1999, Massimo Campostrini wrote:
> Jeff Mallatt <jjm@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > >On addition that i suggest to make in the display of diagonal roads/rails
> > >is to _not_draw_ a diagonal rail between two adjacent diagonal railsquares
> > >when one of their two common neighbour squares is also a rail square.
>
> I was going to suggest this muself ;-)
>
> > Perhaps it could be configurable?
>
> A big YES to this.

I noticed that the roads.xpm files has two empty squares, one for rail and one
for road.  Maybe it would be possible to draw another road tile and put it in
these squares.  This tiles would be for (rail)road tiles that have all 8 of
there neighbors with roads too.  I'm not much of an artist, but maybe a
special tile could be drawn that doesn't look as cluttered as what gets draw
now for tiles that have full roads.  That would probably go a long way toward
reducing clutter around cities.