Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv/debian in dist?

To: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv/debian in dist?
From: Lalo Martins <lalo@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 03:31:11 -0200

On Nov 30, John Goerzen decided to present us with:
[a lot of stuff about .deb files != debian/ directory]

Yes, I know. The "problem" is that we already have the directory
in CVS, and I think it makes little sense to strip it from the
distributions tar. Specially, if I could get debian/changelog in
time, there would be no need for freeciv_*.*.diff.gz (minor
point, of course).

I don't feel like pushing. I'm too happy that the FreeCiv folks
decided to have debian/ in the CVS. I just don't see a reason to
strip it off in the .tar once it's already there.

And BTW. In this particular case, .deb is _not_ so != from
debian/ since I wrote a scrip build.debian that lets
joe-average-debian-user to fetch latest CVS stuff an build a
.deb from it very easily.

What will happen in the end is: either debian/ gets to the .tar,
or I will stop using the .tar - it's a lot easier for me to just
build the packages from CVS.

[]s,
                                               +----
--
     And the sign said the words of the prophets
 are written on the subway walls and tenement halls