Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv/debian in dist?

To: Per Mathisen <permath@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] freeciv/debian in dist?
From: John Goerzen <jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 1998 18:43:03 -0600

OK, a few comments here..

First, having the debian/ directory in the freeciv CVS sources themselves
serve no extra purpose for Debian users.  Debian people can easily fetch the
Debian-specific patches from the Debian FTP archive.  Therefore, I would be
against having them there, if I were to have any say in it.

Secondly, the Debian maintainer of a given package is not always the person
that makes releases for Debian.  Having the debian/ directory in FreeCiv not
only inconveniences Debian in these situations, but also the FreeCiv people.

-- John

--
John Goerzen   Linux, Unix consulting & programming   jgoerzen@xxxxxxxxxxxx |
Visit the Air Capital Linux Users Group on the web at http://www.aclug.org