Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-dev: November 1998:
Re: [Freeciv-Dev] config.h patch

To: Mitch Davis <mjd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Freeciv developers <freeciv-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] config.h patch
From: Trent Piepho <xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 1998 18:04:35 -0800 (PST)

On Fri, 13 Nov 1998, Mitch Davis wrote:
> > I'm really interested in what problems there is with using configure
> > on your system.
>
> So am I.  I really really _really_ want to be rid of Imakefile
> and Makefile.noimake.  Reiner?

I like the Makefile.noimake.  Maybe that's because I wrote it.  It's what I
use when I do development.  It compiles faster because it doesn't force make
to spaw a new copy for each directory.  It's easier to change flags from
debugging to optimazation, just delete one # character.  It doesn't produce 40
lines of output when only one file needs to be recompiled either.

|Gazing up to the breeze of the heavens \ on a quest, meaning, reason  |
|came to be, how it begun \ all alone in the family of the sun         |
|curiosity teasing everyone \ on our home, third stone from the sun.   |
|Trent Piepho (xyzzy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)                   -- Metallica  |