Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: April 2002:
[freeciv-data] Re: Cities in rulesets

To: <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: Cities in rulesets
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <Per.Inge.Mathisen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Apr 2002 16:49:22 +0200 (MEST)

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Thanasis Kinias wrote:
> I would have been inclined to take the opposite approach:  that it doesn't
> matter where the border is today.

I think the rule of thumb against duplication is a good one, but if you
make a ruleset which is historically consistent and you can make a good
argument why it should not follow this rule, I have no complaints. Just
add a note in the ruleset for future ruleset authors about it.

For example, the "vikings" nation (Norway) includes Icelandic cities and
tries (somewhat unsuccessfully) to use viking age names for its cities,
instead of using modern Norwegian borders and city names. I doubt any
Norwegians or Icelanders would find that inappropriate.

> If a civ winds up
> not having any cities of import, than maybe it oughtn't be included.

Yes, like the Krevi nation. What/where is what? It only got two cities!

Yours,
Per

Ask not what you can do for your country
Ask what your country did to you
 -- KMFDM, Dogma