Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-data: August 2000:
[freeciv-data] Re: SV: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch

To: <freeciv-data@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-data] Re: SV: Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: fascism patch
From: "SamBC" <sambc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:16:51 +0100

<SNIP>

> Where is the policy states that? Whos supports it anyway? I
> haven't found it. Why can't we just be liberal and let nations
> have any city name if it is (bitwise) != all other nations' city names?

That would block a Nazi nation anyway, wouldn't it? After all, they would
just have German (and Austrian & some French perhaps) city names?

In any case, there is no current Freeciv nation representing a political
movement, although there are those that represent cultural groups.

Italy/Rome do not represent overlaps with the exception of Rome itself,
being as how they never coexisted. They are separate *civilisations*. I
think no-one would describe Nazis as a nation or a civilisation.

The insistence of those supporting this (especially those submitting it)
makes me curious as to there political stance, but that is off-topic in any
case. I will say I find it worrying, especially how some people attack those
opposing the submission.

SamBC