Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: February 2005:
[freeciv-ai] Re: AI is really confused about wonders

To: "Lo'oris" <lo_oris@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx, Per Inge Mathisen <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: AI is really confused about wonders
From: Benoit Hudson <bh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 19:44:22 -0500

On Fri, Feb 11, 2005 at 01:04:46AM +0100, Lo'oris wrote:
> all this sound both like "AI+wonder system should need very a big patch
> to completely change its behaviour about that" and like "There are more
> important issues" (and i agree).
>
> anyway, just to try to improve this aspect of the game, i could start
> writing some logic pseudo-code or algorythms that could eventually be
> turned into code if somebody wants to...

I'm thinking we should have a market-based system on the civ-wide scale
for choosing what to build, basically: what's the benefit of building
this wonder / improvement / unit?  What's the cost (including switching
costs)?  For things that can only be built once (wonders), only the one
with best benefit - cost should build it; others should build something
else instead.

And then we need a way not to oscillate.

        -- Benoît