Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: better easy mode

To: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: better easy mode
From: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:18:55 +0000 (GMT)

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > See the attached patch. You wanted the massive ai patch split up, well,
> > here is one piece of it... please read & comment.
>
> My patch is thereto remove a bug. I can and I think also everybody
> else prove that it does what it intends. It may be ugly to have two
> wrappers but if I don't know what the comment "/* do not use
> ai_unit_new_role() */" I better play save than sorry for a bug fixing
> patch.

Well I put the comment there, so I should know why... you can safely let
that part of the code remain as is, because settlers will never go there.
As I said before, settlers never enter military code, which this is.

> You change behaviour in a lot of places in your patch. You can do this
> but than it isn't a bug fix patch anymore.

Correct. I don't believe this is a single bug that can be removed with a
single surgical patch.

> And IMHO there is no good
> reason to merge the adding of the wrapper with the ai_fuzzy

I've posted that as a separate patch already and I expect Greg to comit it
soon. If I had not added those two lines to this patch then I would have
to say "you need to apply this patch as well before testing"... for just
two lines of change. That's silly.

> These changes are no bad per se but they
> should be in a seperate patch and seperate commit. Same for the #ifdef
> DEBUG change.

Raimar, you are driving me crazy. If this is the level of "splitting
up"-ness that you demand from the massive ai patch and for AI patches in
general, then I will stop working on it. Life is too short.