Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: October 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: better easy mode

To: "Per I. Mathisen" <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: better easy mode
From: Raimar Falke <rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 14:34:16 +0100

On Thu, Oct 31, 2002 at 01:23:00PM +0000, Per I. Mathisen wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Raimar Falke wrote:
> > > This is only a sanity check since it should already have this role. (The
> > > current AI has a problem with forgetting roles.) In my massive ai tree
> > > this problem has been fixed and the above line has been replaced by
> > >
> > >     assert(punit->ai.ai_role == AIUNIT_ESCORT);
> >
> > From my short reading there my be a problem with bodyguard assignment.
>
> No, I used to have a LOG_ERROR there in massive ai patch for a while. It
> never happened.
>
> > > Your patch will now be assimilated into my tree...
> >
> > Bad. It should instead be applied.
>
> You mean you really want the duplication of ai_unit_new_role() ??
>
> That is crazy.
>
> > > ...and then I'll try to [back]port these changes as a separate patch.
>
> See the attached patch. You wanted the massive ai patch split up, well,
> here is one piece of it... please read & comment.

My patch is there to remove a bug. I can and I think also everybody
else prove that it does what it intends. It may be ugly to have two
wrappers but if I don't know what the comment "/* do not use
ai_unit_new_role() */" I better play save than sorry for a bug fixing
patch.

You change behaviour in a lot of places in your patch. You can do this
but than it isn't a bug fix patch anymore. And IMHO there is no good
reason to merge the adding of the wrapper with the ai_fuzzy or the
Gilligan's Island change. These changes are no bad per se but they
should be in a seperate patch and seperate commit. Same for the #ifdef
DEBUG change.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "The very concept of PNP is a lovely dream that simply does not translate to