Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)

To: <freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)
From: <per@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 15:51:33 +0200 (MEST)

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Raahul Kumar wrote:
> > On turn 353 I see player A flying overhead with lots of Stealth Bombers.
> > Turns 354->375 I don't see any enemy units. On turn 376 I see some
> > Warriors moving around in the outskirts of my empire. It is turn 381.
> >
> > In your scheme, it would have forgotten about those Stealth Bombers, and
> > geared up to kill his Warriors. Bad idea.

> Has someone sent in patches I don't know about?

You mean you didn't notice my "AI super planning ahead patch"? Sheez...

> The current AI does not plan more than one turn ahead. We still don't
> need to keep the full tile info. Just retain the ones with unit
> movements. We also need to remeber the performance killing aspect of
> your idea.

I just want to remember a table containing { Unit_Type_id id, int turn,
int number }, accessed by by id:turn.

The idea is that we should build units that can defeat those of the enemy.
But not being omniscient means we must record all observations of enemy
units, and try to guess what it has based on that. So more recent
observations are more valid, but old observations are valid too.

Yours,
Per

Why, if it prosper, none dare call it treason."
 -- Sir John Harrington (1561-1612)