Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)

To: per@xxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)
From: Raimar Falke <hawk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:42:13 +0200

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 12:28:01PM +0200, per@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Also I keep thinking that the client side AI should iterate through all
> the enemy units it can see every turn, and record them. Then amortize
> these memories somehow every turn, so that older memories are less
> important than more recent. This is then used to estimate what kind of
> units we need to combat the enemy.

One or two memories are also in my client side AI plan. There should
be a general purpose memory which basically records all info we get
from the server and make them available. Don't ask me how this will be
saved. So you would have a
  map_get_tile2(int x, int y, int turns_ago)

But there will also more specialized memories. For example I want to
record for each tile how many units moved over it. This metric (this
won't just the number of units but some weighted number depending how
long ago the unit moved over) will be used to build roads outside the
city map to bring your troops faster to the battle.

But it is a long way to get this implemented.

        Raimar

--
 email: rf13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 "Python is executable pseudocode. Perl is executable line noise"