Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: freeciv-ai: April 2002:
[freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)

To: Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Ross W. Wetmore" <rwetmore@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, freeciv-ai@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [freeciv-ai] Re: [Freeciv-Dev] Re: [RFC][Patch] AI can fly v2 (fwd)
From: Petr Baudis <pasky@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Apr 2002 14:17:50 +0200

Dear diary, on Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 06:32:40AM CEST, I got a letter,
where Mike Kaufman <kaufman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> told me, that...
> > In other words, your point is has validity only as far as you wish to
> > limit the options :-).
>
> I've always disliked games where the AI cheat.

I wonder how you'll like FreeCiv AI when it won't cheat ;).

> > Here are some code fragments from advmilitary.c and aiunit.c. I
> > suspect without really having had time to check under the debugger
> > that the want "e" is pretty low for empty cities, and kill_desire
> > scales rapidly with heavy defender counts, making heavily defended
> > city targets much more interesting to the braindead AI as Gregory
> > partially pointes out :-).
> >
> > The ai.f, ai.a, ai.invasion values do prove interesting as well
> > as they are the totals of surrounding unit build_cost and belligerence
> > of which there are likely none.
>
> all I can say here is: Petr, Raahul: save me from see damned one letter
> variable names, especially ai.a and ai.f!

I rename them in my latest not-yet-committed cleanup (I need to check autogames
if i didn't make mistake somewhere; if they'll match, it would be nice if
*hint* *hint* someone would go and commit it, as all objections are hopefully
solved already).

--

                                Petr "Pasky" Baudis

.
Teamwork is essential -- it allows you to blame someone else.
.