Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2006:
[aclug-L] Re: multi-function printer errors

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: multi-function printer errors
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Jan 2006 12:38:59 -0600

The win98se resources are too low.  Anything below 75% and the win98se
becomes very glitchy.  Have you tried running msconfig to streamline the
programs running in the background.  Do you have an anti-spyware program
to run?  Are you getting the same printer errors with different programs
or just one program?

Another possible direction--Have you tried running this multi-function
printer on another computer or a different os?  I have a friend who has
one of these Brother multi-function 'pos' printers and she has had lot
of problems with it.

Another option--Do you have another blank hard drive?  If you do,
disconnect the current hard drive to protect her data and install
win98se on the blank hard drive and then install the printer drivers and
her graphics program.  Do you get the same errors?  The problem might be
the win98se load that she currently has.