Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2006:
[aclug-L] Re: If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog would you go

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog would you go to?
From: DAVID CARMICHAEL <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 22:15:21 -0800 (PST)

Jeff -

Due to "Brothers Tech (non-email)Support" hours being
east coast times of 9am ->5pm... can not talk to a
live person from home...

It is single sided printing... it will print the first
page and "most" of the time a second page and then
when it starts the third page it get about 1/3 through
and the printer and or Win98se printer spooler will
freeze up to where we have to reboot to free up
printer... the system has a older laser printer that
works just fine for B&W multi-page printing...

And yet I have tried "GOOGLING" and they all pointed
to needing to add a USB_2.0 card to the system to
correct the troubles... while the card did add three
more USB ports... and all devices connected work
correctly...

This printer is a multi function printer which even
has media card slots for direct printing! The
scanner/copier and media card slots work just fine
(read and write to the media cards SD and Compact
Flash).... {look at the OfficeMax adverts.. I think
model DC110 which after rebate sells for $50)

The main troubles seems to be printing project web
pages from 'HGTV'/'FoodNetwork' and 'Bank' sites..
Tried adding a PDF print driver.. but the graphics for
some reason get distorted... round become oval...

We hope to upgrade the computer in Feb/March...

--- Jeff Vian <jvian10@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-12-31 at 20:47 -0800, DAVID CARMICHAEL
> wrote:
> > If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog
> would
> > you go to?
> >
> > "Basic Question: Wife purchased a new "Brother"
> multi
> > fuction usb printer.. (she was expecting the high
> > quality of product she has used in their line of
> > sewing machines) But we can not seem to get the
> > printer to print "MULTI PAGE DOCUMENTS", tried
> adding
> > a "USB_2.0" PCI card for the printer and that did
> not
> > help!
> >
> I have no idea if Win98 even supports the changes
> between USB 1.1 and
> 2.0.
>
> The only real difference most of us see is the
> increased throughput.
>
> > System is a 1ghz celeron w/512mb member 40gb
> harddrive
> > w/20gb free..
> >

> Are you saying it will only print single page
> documents (with the second
> and later pages lost), or that it will not print
> duplex documents
> (double sided)?
>
> If it _should_ print duplex but does not, or if it
> is losing all but the
> first page of multi-page documents, that would
> likely be a driver issue
> and you should contact "Brother" directly if it does
> not install and
> operate as designed.
>

> -- This is the discussion@xxxxxxxxx list.  To
> unsubscribe,
> visit
> http://www.complete.org/cgi-bin/listargate-aclug.cgi

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.