Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2006:
[aclug-L] Re: If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog would you go

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog would you go to?
From: DAVID CARMICHAEL <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2006 10:20:28 -0800 (PST)

Done
[X] "... Cleanup the temp directory (manually delete
all *.tmp files)..."

[X] "...and run defrag again in safe mode..."

[X] "...Have you tried using the parallel port
instead?..."
     [Not an option USB only printer]

[?] "...Sounds like the print buffer is too full or
win98se is unable to handle the very large size of the
print spool files that the brother printer is
producing..."
     [Any way to adjust this in Win98se through a
patch/hack? Send the spool to another drive?]

[!] "...Have you considered upgrading to win2k?..."
     [Do not want to purchase new "OS" yet. And the
XP-Home-"UPGRADE" co$t$ would rather spend toward new
system in the next two months]

[! The PCI->USB2.0 card can be used in other systems
in the house so it was not a total waste of $15 to try
it out.]

--- ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Sounds like the print buffer is too full or win98se
> is unable to handle
> the very large size of the print spool files that
> the brother printer is
> producing.  Cleanup the temp directory (manually
> delete all *.tmp files)
> and run defrag again in safe mode.  Have you tried
> using the parallel
> port instead?  Win98se doesn't handle usb well at
> all and the usb is
> choking on the amount of data it is being fed.
> Win2k handles usb much
> better and is much more stable than win98se.  Have
> you considered
> upgrading to win2k?  ~Anne
>
> DAVID CARMICHAEL wrote:

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.