Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2006:
[aclug-L] Re: Sales and lack of stock and non-rain check! Was:Re: Re: If

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Sales and lack of stock and non-rain check! Was:Re: Re: If you had a Win98se Question what forum/blog would you go to?
From: DAVID CARMICHAEL <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Jan 2006 05:33:37 -0800 (PST)

Well it looks like we are going to be able to try a
new OS after all... a co-worker had purchased a copy
of XP HOME UPGRADE.. only to have hardware failure on
the system he was going to install on and ended up
purchasing a new computer with it pre-installed so he
gave me his un-opened[!!!] copy..

--David

--- ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> Well said and because the win98se resources are down
> to 65%, the OS is
> out of memory while trying to print out a graphic
> intensive project.
> Some graphics programs create HUGE files.  So is the
> problem with with
> printer or the graphics program or win98se?  It is
> hard to say without a
> clean load of win98se, installing the multi-function
> printer drivers and
> the graphics program.
>
> Jeff Vian wrote:
>
> >On Mon, 2006-01-02 at 01:15 -0800, DAVID CARMICHAEL
> wrote:
> >

> >>System has 512mb [the motherboards max] installed.
> >>When trying to print the system resources say 65%
> >>
> >>As I changed the printer settings to print
> directly to
> >>the printer and not to use the spooler _AND_ to
> not
> >>start printing till the full job had been
> spooled...
> >>the printer stopped printing at the same points in
> the
> >>print job??
> >>

> >You are printing directly and not spooling?  That
> is often a problem
> >because the data transmission stops when the
> printer memory gets full
> >and there is nothing to  restart it.
> >

> >>I have sent as many as ten single page jobs and
> all
> >>ten printed with out any trouble...
> >>
> >>But the printer will not print even one two page
> job
> >>with out locking up!
> >>
> >>I am starting to think that there is something
> wrong
> >>with the design of the printer...
> >>
> >>But if that was so I am sure that I would be
> reading
> >>all sorts of 'bad posting' in the printer forums..
> as
> >>OfficeMax [and Staples] has had this printer on
> sale
> >>for the past three months and my wife was told she
> was
> >>the first person to exchange the printer to the
> 'North
> >>Rock' OfficeMax, and I talked to the manager at
> the
> >>'East Kellogg' OfficeMax and he claims to not had
> >>single one of the Brother printers returned, yet
> he
> >>claims to of had a number of "HP's & Lexmark's"
> return
> >>as non-working....
> >>
> >>On another topic... sales and lack of stock and
> >>non-rain check!
> >>Newspaper did not get delivered to my house till
> 11am
> >>Sunday am.. Wife saw the "$199.00" CompUSA system.
> We
> >>check both the phone stock and online stock status
> and
> >>the item is listed as in stock.. so just to make
> sure
> >>before we drove I called the store directly and
> was
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

I live in my own little world. But it's OK. They know me here.