Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2005:
[aclug-L] Re: Optical mice and fedora 2

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Optical mice and fedora 2
From: "gLaNDix (Jesse Kaufman)" <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 18:48:22 -0600

michael holmes wrote:
> Assoon as the kernel loads the light in the mouse goes off, and no
> motion is detected, scroll, and button still function

typically after not sensing movement after a few moments, the light
turns off to save batteries ... at least, that's how my old logitech
worked (can't test right now, i only have a laser mouse hooked up right
now) ...

if scroll and buttons work, it sounds like you probably have the wrong
protocol selected ... which one are you using?  what brand of mouse is
this again?  tried googling for that and "xorg" or "xfree86" (i can't
recall offhand which FC uses)? ...

also, i know i had issues with my old logitec keyb/mouse wireless combo
because of some usb weirdness ... if i used usb for both (1 connector),
then i had issues in fc ... if i used usb for the keyb and ps2 for the
mouse (it has a separate dongle for the mouse, but only ps2), then it
would work, except i could only move it vertically ... it turned out the
issue was that the system was loading the usb modules for BOTH keyboard
and mouse in addition to the ps/2 module for the mouse, so it got
confused ... forced it to not load the usbmouse module and it worked
fine ... don't know if this helps or not, but it is one weirdness i've
run into ...

-g-