Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: Red Hat Network ...

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: Red Hat Network ...
From: Nate Bargmann <n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2003 16:38:39 -0600

* gLaNDix <glandix@xxxxxxxxxxxx> [2003 Mar 08 16:16 -0600]:
> actually, at a few of the places i've worked, they've used redhat as a server
> platform.  it's not all that bad (like you said, updates are so easy it's
> scary),

My co-worker has RH 8 something on a TP 380Z.  Now, he is a long-time Deb
head, but his wife bought him the RH CDs for Christmas so he needs to
use it somewhere...

He was going through the updates a week or two back and several times he
was growling about wiping things clean and putting Debian on it.  Since
I've not used RH of any flavor, I'll take his word for it that RH has
some catching up to do with Debian's apt and dpkg system.

I've now stayed with Debian since Sept of 1999 and I really don't have a
desire to try anything else.  It just works.

Color me one satisfied user.

Oh yes, while I'm slightly pragmatic, my idealogy leans toward the
SPI/FSF definition of Free.  Interestingly enough, Debian is currently
telling the FSF that their Free Document License is too restrictive with
regard to its non-modifiable sections in the manuals.  Go figure.

- Nate >>

--
 Wireless | Amateur Radio Station N0NB          | "We have awakened a
 Internet | n0nb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx               | sleeping giant and