Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2003:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: Red Hat Network ...

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: Red Hat Network ...
From: ironrose <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 07 Mar 2003 23:21:49 -0600

I am having problems getting updates from RedHat.  I'm bombarded with
emails informing me of patches that are available, but it many times
takes several attempts to get connected to their servers and then when I
do, my user id and password isn't accepted.  Emails back and forth
haven't resolved the issue yet.  RedHat is suggesting that users
purchase a support contract for better service.  I know that companies
have to make a profit to stay in business, but RedHat seems to be
adopting tactics like M$.  It seems to be a good distro to learn on, but
I am finding out that many people are switching to other distros after
they learn the basics.