Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: December 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Linux as an alternative to a Windows desktop

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Linux as an alternative to a Windows desktop
From: "Ironrose" <ironrose@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Dec 2002 21:24:19 -0600

Where do you work at Nate?  I had the same problems when I was at CCH.
Maybe they could streamline the startup and then you open apps from
desktop icons.  Atleast that would help NT not to choke and chug thru
the startup.

I have been installing too many apps & libraries with the linux installs
and that is why my fast computers have been choked down.  I removed most
of the KDE apps and then Xwindows wouldn't start.  Time for another
install and I will try the text method this time.  ~Anne