Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Garage Sale (was: Re: Case Modes?)

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Garage Sale (was: Re: Case Modes?)
From: "Dale W Hodge" <dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 12:44:54 -0500

What do you mean?  Most blanks you buy this day are rated 12x or greater. Of
course past about 20x the law of diminishing returns starts to really kick
in. There is a certain amount of time required for dirctory creation and
finalization that seems not to change much with greater write speed.
Besides, I don't think human intervention time is the only thing to look at.
If you are buring any quantity of disks, the difference between 2x and 20x
is HUGE.

--dwh

---
Dale W Hodge - dwh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx