Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Case Modes?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Case Modes?
From: amccadden <amccadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 21:07:05 -0500

Some of the other techs in the shop have worked with case modifications
and we use Dremel tools to do the cutting.  Usually they cut a hole in
the side panel and on the top (like a whales' blow hole, in fact that is
what he called it - he was a Navy trained computer tech).

I have alway just removed the side panels off the super case towers to
get extra ventilition.  I have also used a fan blowing inside the case
with the side panels off.  I got the fan too close to the monitor and
got EMF - it gave my ocean scene background very realistic movement.  It
looked really cool - until the nausea overtook me.

How about a small refrigerator with very small holes to run the wire out
of the case.  It makes you computer run a lot fast.  More mileage for
your buck.  The main concern with this plan is controlling the
condensation.  I am running out of space to store computers and may need
to custom design a rackmount using standard mobos and sturdy plastic
shelves.  Any ideas???

Anyone interested in a computer garage sale or something simular?  I
still have this Compaq tower with scsii drives and monitor, external
scsii bays, cables, cards, and the like.  I am running out of space and
I can't see the floor anymore.  Just have a path to the computer
chairs.  Anne