Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: May 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Case Modes?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Case Modes?
From: "Arnold Cavazos Jr." <abcjr@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2002 15:18:50 -0500

Heh,

I tried a case mod once which I still have in production at home.  I
took off the side panel of my case, pointed a 19" box fan into my case,
and turned the fan on "Low".  That particular case has 2 PIII 600's, a
16x8x40 Yamaha CDRW, a Kenwood True 72x CDROM, a 30GB IBM DTLA
"Deathstar" in it, _and_ sits in a room that has two exterior walls and
windows in it (yeah I know, uphill both directions).  It runs remarkably
cooler with that mod.  The fan cost $9.95 @ Wal-Mart.  I believe the
electricity for the fan costs about $5/month which is much cheaper than
leaving the AC on all day to keep the room south of 80 degrees F.

--
Arnold B. Cavazos, Jr.                           Voice:  (316)858-3000
Director of Sales & Marketing                      Fax:  (316)858-3001