Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: April 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Revolution OS Movie & wireless NIC's

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Revolution OS Movie & wireless NIC's
From: Jonathan Hall <jonhall@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 14 Apr 2002 15:01:56 -0500

I think the plan was to continue where we left off.  We were probably at
least 30 minutes, if not 45, into the video.  I guess if there's a strong
feeling that we should start over again we can.  Otherwise I would vote to
start where we left off so we aren't stuck there so long and/or have time
for informal discussion afterwards.

-- Jonathan

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 10:10:43AM -0500, Anne McCadden wrote:

> Are we going to start the video at the beginning or continue were we
> left off when the power went out.  I don't think that we got very far
> into the program.  I will see if I can make copies of the VHS tape.
>
> Steven -- I  found a D-link wireless PCMCIA network card like you were
> looking for yesterday, the ad is in the Office Max section of the
> newspaper for 69.95, $20 off.
>
> We made $20 at the Saturday Sale and both were because I was helping
> Brian with his Better Built PC booth.  Both customers who purchased
> didn't want the older version of the Red Hat that came with the book in
> Brian's booth and I said that I had the latest and greatest right here.
> I feel that if I had been in a booth by myself (since no else in the
> group showed up in the beginning), I probably wouldn't have sold
> anything and I would have went home after an hour out of boredom.  I
> didn't have any signs for the ACLUG booth and I knew that I was in
> stand-by mode for space.  Am I the only person interested in having a
> booth at the Second Saturday Sale?  Just want to find out the reality of
> the situation.  ~Anne

"This 'telephone' has too many shortcomings to be seriously considered as a
means of communication. The device is inherently of no value to us." --
Western Union internal memo, 1876.