Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: March 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: FW: , Please help save SaturdaySale computer sale

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: FW: , Please help save SaturdaySale computer sale
From: "James O. Harms" <joharms@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Mar 2002 13:48:16 -0600

Dale W Hodge wrote:

> > Perhaps I'm not clearly explaining myself.  I never asked to be added to
> > any list, I've never been to the Saturday and in fact had never heard of
> > the Saturday sale before I got their first spam.  I wouldn't be
> > complaining about unsolicited email if I had solicited it.
>
> Ah, that explaination makes a difference!
>
> Maybe someone thought they were doing you a favor and gave them your email
> address?  I pretty sure they don't just blanket spam, or I would have seen
> messages at all my email addresses instead of just the one I subscribed.
>
> --dwh

Most of us who frequent the SaturdaySale find it helpful to know who plans to
be at the next sale, and perhaps something about what they have to sell.  For
us, the mailings are information - not spam.  The explanation Dale gave -
someone probably signed you up thinking they were doing you a favor - is most
likely what happened.  I have been assured by the promoters that these
mailings only go to those who request  them.
--joh