Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: BeOS

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: BeOS
From: David Carmichael <dec2955@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 17:47:13 -0600

I think that you need to rephrase that statement...
""... Palm which seems to have no interest in furthering the development of
BeOS... ""

And add the following to it;
"... for the desk top, but will be furthering development for imbedded
devices, such as personal video recorders and other home entertainment
devices.."

As Be.Inc showed at the just ended CES a set top MP3 / Personal Video
Recorder (aka: like TIVO / REPLAY) / DVD / CD player device that should be
for sale this spring for less than $500.  The device shown on TechTV from
the show floor even had a way to sync a Palm handheld device to the set top
box, and even be connected to your home network, so that items recorded on
the set top box could be played back on your desktop (didn't say which OS
for the desktop was being supported.)

--David.