Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: January 2002:
[aclug-L] Re: Reactions to the following?

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Reactions to the following?
From: Michael Moore <mrmoore@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 04:26:44 -0600

John Alexander wrote:

>No need to, it runs fine for me under WINE. My honest impression and gut
>feeling is that Linux won't take off for the average joe/joan until the
>install matches Windows '9x in simplicity, with all the inherent
>assumptions. But then, do we all want our OS to be making all of those
>assumptions for us?
>
>ja

Bullsh##,.....Granted I don't consider myself the average
Joe/Joan.....but, I installed Red Hat Linux 7.2 for the first time Nov.
1st (I am a newbie to Linux).  It was the smoothest OS installation I
have ever had......including any M$ OS.  Granted I consider myself lucky
that everything worked the first time considering I have installed Linux
on several computers since then and they didn't go nearly as
smooth......but, they were a lot older systems with diverse hardware.

In any case, I don't think Windows is an easier install than Linux.