Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP server

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP server
From: Steven Saner <ssaner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2001 18:24:12 -0500

The config file for mutt is .muttrc, but there often isn't one to
start out with. The .muttrc is for adding config stuff that is
different than the "default". www.mutt.org is probably the best place
to look for info. The most obvious "disadvantage" of mutt to pine is
that it is somewhat more difficult to learn and configure, but, as a
result, it is probably more configurable and efficient than pine (at
least that is the claim).

Back to the mbox vs. Maildir holy war. Mutt is one of the few
text-based mail clients that will support Maildir "out of the box."

Steve