Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP server

To: <discussion@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP server
From: "Ryan Hunt" <rhunt@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:40:25 -0500

The messages are fine.. here is an example...

----
Hi. This is the qmail-send program at hiden.domain.net

<aclugtest@xxxxxxxx>:
taken off http://cr.yp.to :

What are the most common reasons for using qmail?
Answer: Here are the top ten reasons I've heard from qmail users.

Security. qmail doesn't let intruders into your machine. ( visit
http://cr.yp.to/qmail/guarantee.html )
Reliability. qmail never loses mail.
Speed. qmail delivers your mail much more quickly than sendmail, without
compromising reliability.
Low memory use. qmail can handle dozens of simultaneous deliveries on an old
16MB 486.
User-controlled mailing lists. Users don't have to pester the system
administrator to create new lists.
Virtual hosts made easy. qmail pioneered multiple-domain support.
Straightforward administration. qmail works with a minimum of fuss.
Flexible program deliveries. qmail provides a powerful interface for
external mail processors.
Variable Envelope Return Paths. This feature (used by ezmlm) provides 100%
automatic bounce handling for mailing lists of any size.
The maildir format. This feature makes it easy to set up high-volume
distributed POP toasters.

---
http://em.ca/~bruceg/qmail-sites.html <-- Large websites that use QMail,
Look at this and be supprised..

---

I will be posting some benchmark results as soon as i can find them...