Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: October 2001:
[aclug-L] Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP server

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Virtual POP3 and IMAP server
From: Carl D Cravens <raven@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 11:20:52 -0500 (CDT)

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001, Ryan Hunt wrote:

> Ive used QMail for years and I believe its far superior to Sendmail in every
> conseivable way, its secure, fast, stable. When compared to sendmail's
> bloated, insecure, slow and semi-stable history its no supprise like XOOM,
> Yahoo, Lycos and other high volume email servers have been using qmail for
> years..

But Qmail has those totally useless error messages it sends to users.  "I
couldn't deliver your mail.  Sorry it didn't work out." doesn't exactly
tell me what the problem was.

Of course, calling Qmail "secure, fast, stable" and Sendmail "bloated,
insecure, slow and semi-stable" doesn't make them so.  Can you point us to
some benchmark info?  What would be the specific benefits of switching
from Sendmail to Qmail?  I run a mailing list server on multiple domains.

--
Carl D Cravens (raven@xxxxxxxxxxx)
Contentsoftaglinemaysettleduringshipping.