Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2000:
[aclug-L] Regarding the meeting for 11/20/00

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Regarding the meeting for 11/20/00
From: Patrick Klee <drwho@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Nov 2000 23:58:50 -0600

I was wondering how the meeting went, I was dog tired, and was wondering
if there was gonna be any Roman grudge wrestling about which editor is
the best, vi or emacs, I tried them all, but now I am not used to any
one editor, but I heard people talk about which is better, and it
reminds me of when I had an Atari ST and people who liked Amiga, didn't
like the ST users.
I guess we will never agree on which text editor is the best, just like
we can't decide whether to have mashed or au graten potatoes for
thanksgiving.  Either situation, I would say both.

Patrick.

P.S. Don't beat me up too bad.  And if this turns into a flame war, I am
sorry, I was just wondering why certain people liked one or the other.
I am still a newbie to Linux, so I guess text-editing is necessary for
everyday tasks, especially programming.

Laterz.

--
Bloodline Interactive - Are you scared yet?
Patrick Klee - President and CEO