Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: Regarding the meeting for 11/20/00

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: Regarding the meeting for 11/20/00
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 11:06:42 -0600

Nate Bargmann wrote:

> As I am just now seriously studying Emacs, I find the action of the
> <Delete> key to be annoying.  I would like <Delete> to perform the
> action of Ctl-d as <Back-sp> and <Delete> are performing the same
> function right now.

Add to your ~/.emacs file:

  (global-set-key "\C-?" 'delete-char)

You can test this without exiting and reloading by putting your cursor
at the end of the line, then:

  <ESC>-x eval-last-sexp <ENTER>

Interactively, you can do:

  <ESC>-x global-set-key <ENTER>

Then on prompt press <DELETE>, then on prompt type:

  delete-char

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull@xxxxxxxxxxx * http://www.ocston.org/~thull/