Complete.Org: Mailing Lists: Archives: discussion: November 2000:
[aclug-L] Re: [announce] ACLUG Meeting: Monday, Nov 20: Emacs& Vi

To: discussion@xxxxxxxxx
Subject: [aclug-L] Re: [announce] ACLUG Meeting: Monday, Nov 20: Emacs& Vi
From: Tom Hull <thull@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 01:11:44 -0600

A question raised at the meeting: how to use the emacs menus in text mode?

  The command to access the menus is tmm-menubar, which is by default bound
  to F10 and to ESC-`. Don't expect the menus to unfurl when you enter this
  command. What happens is that you first have to select a menu, either by
  scrolling through a list in the minibuffer (then enter to select), or using
  a keyboard shortcut (e.g., s for Search). Then pick a menu item the same
  way: scroll through the minibuffer list, or use a shortcut. The shortcuts
  in both cases are show in a split window buffer.

Don't know about CUA-compatible editors. You might try gnotepad+.

--
/*
 *  Tom Hull * thull@xxxxxxxxxxx * http://www.ocston.org/~thull/